Spices and herbs can make the most bland and boring foods taste great. It’s one of the best ways to enjoy foods that may be nutritious, but not so palette friendly.
But did you know that spices and herbs also have many health benefits? Not only does it make your food taste better, but it can also help improve your overall health and enhance weight loss.
Here are 10 spices & herbs that make your food tastier while boosting your health and increasing your fat burn:
- Cayenne pepper adds spice to the dish, and enhances your bodily functions. It boosts your metabolism to increase the amount of fat your body burns and improves blood flow. This allows essential hormones and vital nutrients to be delivered throughout the body more efficiently, so your body can function better.
- Black pepper is common in most households, and similar to cayenne pepper, it helps boost your metabolism and improve digestion for effective weight loss. It’s also shown to have anti-cancer properties, according to a study published in the January 2013 issue of the “Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry”.
- Ginger helps to improve digestion and suppress your appetite. It also heats up your body which increases metabolism to help burn more calories. Ginger also helps to remove toxins from your body, which is beneficial for weight loss since toxins are often stored within fat cells.
- Ginseng can boost your energy levels and speed up your metabolism. This is a great spice to use if you’re trying increase your energy level. This is why ginseng is often used in popular energy drinks. Additionally, it enhances your metabolism, so help you can burn more calories throughout the day…especially if you’re doing short high intensity workouts that triggers the EPOC effect.
- Chamomile tea is a nice way to relax at the end of the day, especially because it helps to reduce stress levels. Drinking this tea has been shown to help minimize emotional eating at night to prevent weight gain and help you sleep better. It has anti-inflammatory properties to help fight inflammation which is the root cause of many serious diseases and it’s high in antioxidants to help protect your body from age-accelerating free radicals.
- Cumin is a often combined with other spices to enhance the flavor of spicy foods, commonly used in Mexican, Indian, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisines. It’s also used in Ayurvedic medicine for it’s medicinal properties. It’s known to help boost your immune system, lower cholesterol and has a potent anti-oxidative effects to protect your body from harmful cell damaging molecules. It’s also thought to help increase your energy levels, so you can be more active throughout the day, allowing you to burn more calories.
- Turmeric is a great option if you have a hard time fighting junk food cravings, particularly if you experience PMS. Turmeric helps boost liver functions and balances your hormones, which in turn prevent cravings that can be brought on by hormonal imbalance. Turmeric is also a potent antioxidant to help maintain your youthful qualities like healthy skin, better vision and strong joints. It enhances your immune function, liver health and digestive system. It also helps stabilize blood sugar levels which lowers insulin and helps minimizes fat storage.
- Cinnamon is a sweeter spice that can be added to many dishes, and it helps with weight loss because it boosts your metabolism. Cinnamon has also been shown to improve insulin sensitivity, so your body can more effectively manage blood sugar levels and avoid weight gain.
- Mustard is another weight loss booster, because it’s packed with B-complex vitamins like folates, niacin, thiamine, riboflavin which increases your metabolism. In fact, some researchers have suggested that a 25% increase in metabolic rate can be achieved from one teaspoon of mustard. It’s also high in selenium and magnesium, providing your body with anti-inflammatory properties to fight off disease. And it’s a great source of carotenes, zeaxanthins and lutein, which are all potent antioxidants that help fight cell damaging free radicals.
- Cardamom is a sweet spice often used in Indian dishes. It promotes healthy digestion and increases your metabolism to help enhance weight loss. It’s commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine to help treat for digestive problems. It’s also been shown to lower blood pressure, treat mouth ulcers, and even help with depression. It’s has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties to help fight inflammation and help slow the aging process as well.
Next time you prepare a dish, make sure to include one or more of these herbs and spices. They not only make your food tastier, but it’s been shown to help improve your overall health, help slow the aging process and boost your metabolism to help you lose weight more effectively.
Rev Up Your Metabolism & Burn Off Stubborn Fat NOW!
Stop doing the same old workouts that haven't gotten you any results and find out the TRUTH about how to get lean and ripped with shorter, more effective workouts...
Women, discover the biggest mistakes that are sabotaging your workouts. Plus, learn the only way to use high intensity intervals, strength, and circuit training to get maximum fat-loss & muscle tone.