When people hear the word “gelatin,” they often think of Jell-O and other modern-day gelatin products. But, there are many ways that gelatin can be added to your diet, without eating these unnatural processed foods that are filled with harmful preservatives and ingredients. In this article, you will learn more about gelatin and why you need to be eating more of it!
Why Aren’t We Eating More Gelatin?
Traditionally, diets included much more gelatin than most people consume today. People practiced the habit of eating most of the animals that they hunted, including tendons, skin, and other cuts of meat that contain gelatin. In comparison, most people in our modern world are very selective about the cuts of meat that they consume, and most often the cuts don’t include the gelatinous parts of the animal.
Since most of us don’t eat the whole animal, we are missing many of the health benefits that are available from the cuts that contain gelatin. Which is very unfortunate because there are many ways that gelatin can boost your health.
Health Benefits of Gelatin
Here are just a few ways that your health might improve from gelatin consumption:
- Joint Health: People who suffer from arthritis and other joint problems can benefit by adding gelatin into their diet. The compounds and nutrients within gelatin are helpful to reduce joint inflammation and can reduce the symptoms of pain and irritation from arthritis or osteoporosis.
- Improved Nutrition from Meat: When you are only eating eggs and muscle meats, you are actually missing out on some of the most important nutrients that are available from the animal. These parts of the animal are high in methionine, which actually increases your need for certain nutrients such as B6, B12, choline, and folate. By including gelatin in your diet, you can balance the nutrients that you need.
- Beautiful Skin: Do you want to improve the overall appearance of your skin? If so gelatin is your answer. It helps promote good skin health, because of several amino acids that impact the production of collagen. Since collagen is the foundation of healthy skin, you can improve your appearance by eating more gelatin.
- Digestive Health: Eating gelatin is beneficial for improving the secretion of gastric acid in your stomach. By adding gelatin into your diet, it is actually possible to improve your digestive tract and experience better bowel movements.
- Better Sleep: It is possible to improve your sleep patterns by adding gelatin to your diet. Gelatin contains glycine, which is associated with improvements in sleep quality. One of the biggest benefits of this natural remedy for sleep is that you can sleep better without waking up with the grogginess that often occurs from other remedies.
Types of Gelatin
You can get gelatin by eating certain parts of the animals, such as making a broth from the bones or eating certain cuts of meat. Or, you can also find a high quality gelatin powder at most health food stores, which can be added to many recipes and used in a number of different ways.
When you buy gelatin at the store, you will see that it is available in its whole form and in the hydrolyzed form. Hydrolyzed means that the protein of the gelatin is broken down, to make it easier for the human body to digest. This type of gelatin can be added to all types of liquids, such as juice or smoothies. Whole protein gelatin can be used for recipes such as Jell-O or gummies, and it is best when mixed with warm liquids.
Easy Ways to Add Gelatin to Your Diet
If you don’t usually eat gelatin, then you might be a little confused about how you can prepare meals that include gelatin. Don’t worry though, because with a little bit of practice, it is possible to incorporate gelatin into your regular daily habits. Here are a few ideas:
- Make a bone broth using meat and carcasses from humanely-raised animals
- Make homemade fruit jello
- Made homemade dark chocolate pudding
A quick search online will pull up many types of recipes and uses for gelatin, and with some practice you can easily incorporate this ingredient into your diet and lifestyle. By adding gelatin into your diet, your body will thank you!
- Glutathione: The Most Potent Antioxidant In Your Body
- How To Eat Copious Amounts Of Fat And Burn More Fat
Rev Up Your Metabolism & Burn Off Stubborn Fat NOW!
Stop doing the same old workouts that haven't gotten you any results and find out the TRUTH about how to get lean and ripped with shorter, more effective workouts...
Women, discover the biggest mistakes that are sabotaging your workouts. Plus, learn the only way to use high intensity intervals, strength, and circuit training to get maximum fat-loss & muscle tone.